I am an independent multimedia journalist based in Philadelphia, editor of the Gun Crisis Reporting Project, assistant director at the Center for Public Interest Journalism and treasurer of the Pen and Pencil Club, the nation’s oldest press club.
Over the past ten years, I have also:
- Photographed the war in Iraq for The Associated Press
- Launched video news reporting at the Philadelphia Daily News
- Pioneered social media strategies for independent journalists
- Mentored War News Radio at Swarthmore College
- Studied journalism and psychological trauma with the Knight-Wallace Fellows and the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma
- Instructed students at the University of Missouri, Swarthmore College, Temple University, Tufts University and New York University.